GCHS At A Glance
- Approximately 640 students in grades 9-12;
Approximately 69 students in grades 7-8
- Sending Area
- The student body of this comprehensive high school consists of students from more than 50 parochial and public schools. There is a great deal of diversity in demographics, as well as ability.
- Gloucester Catholic maintains accreditation by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
- Gloucester Catholic is located in southern New Jersey in Gloucester City, across the Delaware River from Philadelphia.
- Curriculum Highlights
- Students follow a core curriculum. Although remedial and business courses are offered, very few courses are not college prep. Students who are designated as “accelerated” in their freshman year follow a more rigorous academic program, consisting largely of honors and Advanced Placement courses, throughout their four years.
- Liturgical program
- Special masses and Penance services are scheduled for the student body during the school year.
- There is a priest who is the chaplain. Forty-seven percent of the faculty are graduates of GCHS. The faculty is composed of lay personnel and 1 Deacon. Of these, 24 have a bachelor’s degree, 14 have one or more master’s degrees, and 1 has a JD. All personnel are encouraged to continue their education through degree-seeking programs as well as professional workshops.
Profile of our Graduating Class of 2012
85% of seniors took the SATs before leaving GCHS.
|CR/V + M||WR|
|Top 10% of class||1245||602|
|Top 25% of class||1220||606|
|Top 50% of class||1074||559|
Over three years, percentage of students accepted to:
4 year colleges and universities – 60%
2 year colleges/tech schools – 35% (including NJ STARS)
You can click here to see a listing of the 4 year colleges that are accepting our
students (you’ll need Adobe® Acrobat Reader® to view the file).
The amount of scholarship and grant money offered to this class surpassed $6.9 millon.
For the 2011-2012 school year, our students logged in excess of 12,500 hours of